9.11.2016

4 years

We zipped down to PA for the first batch of celebrating Sigrid's 4th birthday (though her actual birthday is next weekend).

My heart is full of love for this little one, growing so fast.

Her smiles all day brought me so much joy. Here are some moments I want to remember:

She kept repeating to her family-guests: "Thank you all for coming to my party!"
Just before we started to sing, she asked, "Is it okay if I sing to myself, too?"
She wished on candles that would NOT be lit on a lovely, but really breezy, 94-degree day. Wishing on unlit candles did not disappoint her. Later she simply asked me "So, when will my wish come true?" (It was for a stuffed Primrose, from Brambly Hedge.)
As we finally loaded the party supplies in the car to go home, she looked up at me and said, "Thank you for my happy birthday."









These two both celebrated first birthdays in June - and now they are clearly experts in the cupcake department.






My sweet Honey-Bee.




2 comments:

Hilda said...

Oh, she is such a cutie--and so sweet. You have taught her to be grateful, which is wonderful. Can't wait to see my little bird! Love you, Sigrid!! Mimi

Anonymous said...

It was a great party and we all had a wonderful time! Great pictures!
Love,
Auntie Em