1.24.2014

someone walks by

"During the night,
the deep, cold night,
the wind shakes the clouds,
loosening the snow that feathers every stick and rock and animal...
...Within the new snow night,
rabbit finds shelter,
owl continues his watch,
and someone goes walking
through he deep, deep snow."

(From "Someone Walks By" by Polly Carlson-Voiles)

When Sigrid was born, Lily sent her the books "Someone Walks By" and "Fritz and the Beautiful Horses."


Lily was part of our Primitive Pursuits family. She was a golden star.
She gave me hope for the future. And made everyone laugh.

We both love yellow-shafted flickers.

I wanted Sigrid to meet her.

I am so sorry she is gone.
I am aching so much for her family, and all who love her so.

I have no words.

I am sorry. I love you. Thank you.
I miss you.


2 comments:

Ricardo Sierra said...

beautiful post, and good words. thank you for sharing them with us.

walk well, Lily, wherever you are.

Abigail said...

I am so sorry, Heidi.

Your description of her is beautiful. She does look like a shining star.

Comfort to you.