7.11.2008

eighteen minutes

After checking my e'mail and printing out necessary papers, I have eighteen minutes remaining at the library computer to tell you what I've been doing these past days.
I hugged a few sequoias in Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. I hugged a new sister-in-law on her wedding day to my beloved brother, who I also hugged. I met my second cousin Clara, who is perfect. I have lost my dearest great Auntie Mary, my closest extended Chicago relative, a woman who always encouraged me in the pursuit of all my dreams. I'm at the tail-end of a week of camp, preparing for our camp-out in the National Forest. In the past week, we've had weather in the upper 90's, and evenings in the 50's, and while I was in the woods playing games with kids, there was a torrential downpour, which taught me more than the heat or cold.
Phil and I are excitedly and dazedly pursuing a piece of land in the town of Caroline - 10 acres with 2 creeks and woods that include a line of sugar maples (and much more). I turned 29, and bought cheese with truffles to celebrate, and decided I like dill havarti better.
The yurt is good, cats are well, Phil is wonderful, the garden growing plump tomatoes. I'm teaching camp again next week, and will be with a small clan of 5 and 6 year olds, amid a tribe of other older kids.
Blah. Six more minutes. I can't think.
I like trees and creeks better than computers. But I am grateful.

3 comments:

Liana said...

yay - nice to "hear" from you!

abigail said...

I am excited to hear more and can't wait to see you guys!

Hillary said...

I didn't know you blogged! I love your writing and hope you keep it up :-)